Monday, August 10, 2009

Once upon a time in Barbie land...



So, I realized the other day that I didn't really explain how my 4:00 a.m. running sessions came about. Friend, who we'll call "B" from now on, and I had a discussion a month or two ago that went something like this...

Part 1...
B: I never make it to work on time. I'm just not a morning person and now I have to be to work at like 5:30 a.m. and I'm not going to make it.

Me: Sucks to be you.

B: Thanks! Ass...

Me: Well, duh! But at least I'm consistent and good at it.


Part 2...
B: Hey ass face...I found a way to help me make it to work on time.

Me: Get a new job with more sane hours?

B: No, jackass! A co-worker offered to take me running with him before work, then I can just go in and get ready at the gym at work...and be on time!

Me: That's great! I liked my sane hour job idea better though.

B: And that's why you're an ass.

Next Morning

Me: Hey there Miss Early-morning Barbie! How was running at 4:00 a.m.?

B: Great! Kicked my ass, but I did it and made it to work on time.

Me: HaHa! Did you wear your pretty pink Barbie pumps when you went running?

B: No, I knew I was forgetting something. But I'll be sure to wear them when you get your ass outta bed and come running.


Part 3...
B: So, today was my last day running with co-worker in the morning.

Me: Did the meds finally take effect then?

B: No you ass hat! He is going to be going running at nights with his wife now.

Me: That blows...what are you going to do to make it to work on time now?

B: I don't know.

Me: Want me to set my alarm and call you every morning and wake your ass up? (See...I can be a good friend)

B: I couldn't ask you to do that.

Me: You didn't ask, I offered. And I wouldn't guarantee every morning.

B: Why don't we just go running instead, since you're ALWAYS bitching and complaining about wanting to go to the gym, work out and get in shape and stuff.

Me: Ummm...okay (This is where my meds STOPPED working obviously)


That was about a week and a half ago that we had part 3 of the conversation. And still working on the consistency thing, we've made it out three times now...with this morning being the third.

I love the feeling I get after I'm done running to be sure. But dear god, it's a cold wash of dread when I hear that alarm go off at 4:00 a.m. But B has been great and he says it's helping him more than me in this whole thing...I call bull shit! I'm definitely getting the better end of the deal on this. So thanks B! You're an amazing friend.

1 comment:

Flamingo said...

Wow...B, you sure use the word "ass" a lot...