Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm told it's called "Wake 'n Bake"

So this little happening was kinda interesting. It all relates back to my last post about going to the gym. Picture it... Salt Lake City, Utah. On a cold Thursday morning in January 2011.

After my early morning workout, so we're looking about 7 a.m. or so, I decided that instead of coffee, I'd go get a smoothie at the local location of a national smoothie/drink chain. So, I walk in the door, and I am seriously assaulted with a sweet and smokey smell. Yes, you guessed it, the smoothie baristas (or whatever you call 'em) were totally in the back room smokin' weed.

That is so not a smell that can be mistaken for anything else. It is very pungent and distinct and carries! Now, I've never partaken of the above-mentioned herb, but whatever. If you want to do it, I guess that's totally your thing. But good hell! 7:00 a.m. and while AT WORK!!! Some people like coffee, some like tea and I guess these guys liked their weed for their morning wake up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was cleaning out bookmarks and happened upon this. Glad to see you're blogging again. Hope all is well.