Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And here's to one hell of a new year!!!

Again, I'm awful at keeping up on my blog here. It's a new year, I should have all these great resolutions about life and about blogging and whatnot. And I do, I really do. I've posted about resolutions a million times (like here for example) so I'm not going to really go into that. I think I need to get really good at those resolutions before I start coming up with other ones.

I have been on a few dates with this one guy, and I think I kind of like him. And to be honest, I think he kind of likes me. We have fun and we laugh a lot. And for once, I'm not wondering where I stand with him. And honestly, that terrifies me! I'm fucking scared of dating and the fact that I might find someone who actually likes me and me him. How messed up is that? Oh well, I told him that I have dating hang ups/phobias and he is happy to go slow and work with me on not being mental about it...so bonus points for him!

Anyhow, there is a lot going on, had like 11 days off from Christmas until after the new year. I didn't do much, stayed home and loved it! Christmas was great, love the family even when they drive me beyond bananas and crazy. I was watching the West Wing last night, and since I haven't posted in awhile, and don't feel like doing the travel log of my staycation, I'm going to do a West Wing post...ha!



And I think you think I'm made out of candy glass, Celia. If somebody says something that offends you, tell them, but all women don't have to think alike.
...
I like it when the guys tease me. It's an inadvertent show of respect that I'm on the team and I don't mind it when it gets sexual. And you know why? I like sex.
...
I don't think that whatever sexuality I may have diminishes my power. I think it enhances it.
...
He would be able to, but that isn't the point. The point is that sexual revolution tends to get in the way of actual revolution. Nonsense issues distract attention away from real ones: pay equity, child care, honest-to-God sexual harassment and in this case, a speech in front of the U.N. General Assembly. So, you, [to Sam] 25 percent on the assessments for Category A. You... [Charlie looks up.] I don't know what your thing is. [turns to Celia] And you, stop trying to take the fun out of my day. With that, I'm going to get a cupcake.


Ainsley Hayes to Celia (the temp), Charlie Young and Sam Seaborn on why Sam teasing her doesn't offend her and makes her feel like part of the team. Night Five

No comments: