Monday, December 21, 2009

Not to pat myself of the back or anything....

I tell certain people in my life that there are two things I do well... the first of which is cooking/baking. The second, well, some people know, and other people know. This weekend, in preparation for the rapidly approaching Christmas Day, I baked, and baked and baked. I decided for a few select friends/co-workers, I would do baked goods for this Christmas. I had a pretty ambitious list of items to bake this year. My list included:

1. Bread and Raspberry Butter

2. Gingerbread cookies

3. Spritz cookies

All of these were relatively new items in my baking skill set. Well, bread isn't... I've baked bread before. Not so much recently, but I have and my loaves usually end up looking funny, but they taste fucking fantastic. Anyhow, I decided to try these new items as well.

So... for the spritz cookies, I bought Wilton's Cookie Pro Ultra II Cookie Press. And if you've never seen or used a cookie press, I highly recommend you do it and do it now! I got the recipe from an old roommate of mine, and can I tell you I loved it! It is so easy and aside from the occasional mutant cookie, it is beautiful and simple and easy and awesome!



I had the most amazing day of baking, and here is what I came up with!



Merry Christmas all y'all!!!

No comments: