Monday, November 2, 2009

So this time I'm serious! ...I think


So, Flamingo here has been having something of a minor mental break down as of late. And so after a great little "come to Jesus" meeting with a friend the other day, I've decided I need to make some changes. And I've probably typed it before, but I will again... If you write it down/type it, you will do better at sticking to it... so here goes:

1. I will develop and maintain a more positive attitude.

2. I will not complain (as much or as often...come on now, can't just stop it completely)

3. I will not be overly sensitive! Not every action by those around my is intended to hurt, demoralize or kill me... (only some of them are)

4. I will take better care of myself, physically and emotionally.

5. I WILL go to the gym 3 - 5 times a week. (and not just half ass it...)

6. I will ask for help when I need it. (not just expect everyone else to psychically know that I need it)

7. I will love myself regardless of anything that happens.

8. I will eat better ...
> I am totally doing Ineffably's low carb detox/diet thing. I'll put up a seperate post if you're interested.

9. I will not be so fucking needy! Okay, I will learn to control it and not show it, even if it's killing me inside, so as not to scare off any potentials out there...

10. I will post more resolutions as I work and develop them in my new Flamingoness.

So there it is, my New Year's resolutions in November (if people can have Christmas in July, I can have New Year's resolutions in November). So, those of you who really know me, like in real life, just not via the internet... feel free to add any constructive (not destructive) criticism that you think will help me on this path to better myself. Loves ya!

1 comment:

Zeke said...

Oops, I probably should have read this one before adding my last comment...but sometimes it is hard not to complain. More constructive for me: don't force yourself to study for 4 hours after exhausting yourself playing with the nephews for 4 hours. An extra hour of sleep just isn't going to cut it.

They sound like good goals:)